Types of Information Gathered by Horse Lingo
The information we gather about users of this Site enables us to provide, personalize, and continually improve our Services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or provide us in any way. For example, you provide us with information when you complete an Enrollment Form or Owner Interview, become a Horse Lingo Subscriber or Client, or otherwise contract with Horse Lingo; ask a professional photographer or videographer to send us photos or videos; ask us for information; or interact with the Site in other ways. We may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information. Some of the information we ask you to provide us is mandatory and some is voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information requested for a particular activity, you will not be permitted to participate in that activity.
- Automatic Information: We receive, analyze, and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Site whether or not you are a Horse Lingo Subscriber or Client. For example, we collect your login and email address; information about your browser and operating system; and the Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) of the websites you visited before and after our Site. We may also place cookies on your computer to prevent fraud and to personalize your experience on our Site. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can send to your browser and may then be stored on your computer’s hard drive. You may be able to block, delete, or disable such cookies, but doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of some or all Horse Lingo services. We additionally may use software tools, such as web beacons, to collect information about how users move about and use our Site in order to improve our Services.
- Information from Other Sources: We may combine information you provide us with information from third parties to correct our records or enhance our Services. This may include, but is not limited to, information from horse shows or third parties that provide horse breeding data.
How Horse Lingo Shares the Information It Receives
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We may share your information with others in the following ways:
- With Social Media Sites: We may share the personally identifiable information that you provide us via the Enrollment Form, Owner Interview, emails, and professional photographers or videographers (“Content”) with Facebook®, Twitter®, YouTube®, Pinterest®, and possibly other social media sites, depending on the specific Services you have contracted with us to provide. This Content will be available for others to read, view, comment on, or analyze. We have no control over who reads, views, comments on, or analyzes the Content you voluntarily give us. You agree not to provide us with Content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties. When you provide us with Content, you grant Horse Lingo a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, or distribute such Content and to use your name in conjunction with the Content alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed and to sublicense such rights. If you directly post a comment or other information on any of the social media sites that we use to provide our Services, any information that you post may be shared with other users. Both the Content that we post and the information that you post are subject to the social media sites’ privacy policies, which you can access on their websites.
- With Authorized Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and operating or hosting our Site, and we may share your personally identifiable information with these parties. We encourage our Third Party Service Providers to adopt and post privacy policies; however, the use of your personally identifiable information by such parties is subject to their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
Security of Your Information
Managing Your Information
You have options for managing your personally identifiable information on Horse Lingo:
- You can add to, update, or delete certain information after you become a Horse Lingo Subscriber or Client subject to the Agreement you have signed with us. When you update information, we may electronically store the prior versions of your information.
- We will not send you third party promotional emails without your permission, but we cannot control what the social media sites that we use send to you or sell to others. As a condition of becoming a Horse Lingo Subscriber or Client, however, you agree to receive from us administrative emails related to your Subscriber or Client activity and announcements about new features we offer. We may also send you newsletters via email, although you may later opt out of receiving the emailed newsletters.
- If you no longer want to be a Horse Lingo Subscriber or Client, you may terminate the Services Agreement consistent with the terms of that Agreement. If you do so, we will no longer send you email about new features; however, your Content may remain in our historical records and we cannot delete Content that may be stored by the social media sites we use.
Children’s Privacy Issues
Minors under the age of 13 may not use the Site. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from anyone under the age of 13. If we collect information about or images of someone under the age of 13, we do so only with written parental consent. If you are aware of any instance where we have collected such information without parental consent, please inform us immediately. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13 whose information or image we have collected and used as part of our Services, you have the right to ask us to remove and delete that information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Minors under the age of 18 may use the Site with the consent of a parent or legal guardian but may not become a Horse Lingo Subscriber or Client.